Welcome to my blog dear reader, your reasons for following the demented ravings of a middle-aged, Pastafarian archaeologist are beyond me but that's your business!

Sunday 27 November 2011

Ode to Cider


Oh cider, cider burning bright,
with your glowing amber light,
served to me upon my bench
by  most buxom, comely wench,
from whence came the fruit so sweet
that graces this, my evening treat?

Did it come from some far isle,
a paradise bathed in sun's fair smile,
where woodland creatures hop and skip?
I taste the summer breeze in every sip,
for this ambrosia, cold and wet,
was nurtured here in Somerset!

Another pint landlord methinks,
I cannot resist this Queen of drinks!
This nectar of the God's on high,
"A refill Sir", "why yes!" says I,
The golden liquid slakes my thirst,
the fourth pint glorious as the first!

The inn is lively, full of music and laughter,
another pint!, that's what I'm after.
The room spins gently and friends enquire
"Are you ok mate? Here sit by the fire"
I'll  resht here awhile, by the grate I think
and then i'll get anoth...zzzzzzzzzzzzZ. 





No comments:

Post a Comment